Search

Fight Like a Mother with Us

In October, we wear pink.

Fighting breast cancer means so much to us here at Little Hoboken. As you may remember from last year, we joined forces with Nathalie Crews-Vargo, a member of our team, and more importantly, our friend. She battled breast cancer, successfully kicked its ass while holding down a full-time job, being a wife and mother to two young boys, and crusading for breast cancer nonstop! To say she's tough is an understatement. This month marks her second year cancer and chemo free!

Nathalie and Little Hoboken is once again working to fundraise for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Jersey City. And on October 7 at 11:00 AM the City of Hoboken joins us, by raising our LH Fight Like a Mother flag and declaring October "Breast Cancer Awareness Month." Special thanks to Councilwoman Emily Jabbour for sponsoring the resolution before City Council.


Because the actual walk itself is cancelled due to COVID-19, we need to work harder than ever to overcome this year's expected decrease in charitable contributions. If you would like to make a contribution directly to our team's goal click here.


Here are other ways you can support our cause:


Bid on our Silent Auction

We will be hosting a silent auction filled with amazing prizes from both local and national vendors. The silent auction goes live on October 26. More information and how to participate will be posted on our social media soon.


Shop Local


A group of local businesses have joined forces to donate a percentage of certain October sales to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. To make it even better, Choc O Pain Bakery and Cafe has generously offered to match 10% of all donations, up to $10,000 in donations. You can make a Venmo donation: Chocopain_Charities.

Here is a listing of the local businesses who have signed on to participate as of publication for the month of October:

The Black Rail: 15% of pumpkin latte sales.


Blo It Out Lounge: 50% of their pink clip in hair extension sales will be donated


the Co. will donate 5% of the sales of Cozz Coffee (Dog Dayz pink), The Therapist Rose Garden Candle, Annahmol Wool Scarf, and Ricardo Roig's Encore Stony Pony Paintings (Ricardo Roig will donate an additional 5% for the paintings sold, making it a total of 10% donated).


Don't Sit Home Style will donate 20% of breast cancer awareness mask chains purchased at Little Hoboken.

The Green Room: A portion of their sales of all pre-rolls in the month of October go to our team! (Plus, they're in a super cute pink tube!)


House of Que will donate a portion of sales from their signature Fight Like a Mother Drink made with Altos Tequila.


Hudson Coffee Co. will donate proceeds from Cakes By Charnelle's cake jars and cake pops.


Love Amarie will donate 15% percent of all sales from this beautiful Hoboken ornament, this Hoboken tote, and this matte black HOB tumbler.


Modcup Coffee will match anyone who donates 50¢ for a special pink coffee lid.


Roig Collection will be hosting a pop-up shop at Little Hoboken. 25% of all painting sales will be donated. Follow our social media for date and time!


Little Hoboken will have new camouflage women's lightweight hoodies, unisex camouflage baseball hats, and black knit winter beanies with hot pink "201" on each and will donate 20% of the sales for each of these all month long to the team.


There will ALSO be a donation jar IN-STORE ONLY for cash. All cash is donated to the team and anyone who donates $20 or more will get a free pink "Fight Like a Mother" team tee while supplies last.

Have a business and want to join in the fundraising? Have a great silent auction prize you'd like to donate? Email Lindsay at lindsay@littlehobokenblog.com.


Keep checking our blog and social media for updates on how you can help and who's involved for the ENTIRE month!

  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Twitter - Grey Circle
  • Pinterest - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle

HEADER PHOTO CREDIT: Danielle Guenther Photography

SITE TERMS & CONDITIONS

EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS

©️2016-2019 LITTLE HOBOKEN, LLC