September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and Hoboken businesses have opened their hearts and wallets for the fourth year in a row to raise money and awareness for the Tomorrows Children’s Fund and Tackle Kids Cancer. This #GoGold effort is spearheaded by Satya’s All Stars, and the Mirchandani and Singh family in gratitude for their daughter Satya’s health. Satya is a fierce Hoboken resident - and Kindergartner- who is also a cancer survivor. (To learn more about Satya’s story, watch her and her mama on the Today Show here.) For more information or to get your business involved, email Raakhee Mirchandani at email@example.com.
1. Sweeten your day and the day of a kid fighting cancer this September. Choc O Pain bakery will be donating 10% from the sale of each chocopain - their best-selling and namesake chocolate pastry - to the Tomorrows Children's Fund from 9/1-9/30. All four Choc o Pain locations will also have a donation jar near the register. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
2. Love books? Hate Cancer? This is the fundraiser for you. Little City Books (100 Bloomfield St.) will be asking patrons to purchase books from a curated list for the kids being treated at Hackensack Hospital. Books can be purchased online or in store. The bookstore will also donate 20 percent from the sale of each of the books on the list to the Tomorrows Children's Fund - at Hackensack University Medical Center - for the entire month of September. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
3. Smoothie Operator: Sip on Satya's favorite Shaka Bowl smoothie this September - the HiLo, green and full of protein- and the Shaka Bowl sisters will donate a portion of the proceeds to Tackle Kids Cancer at Hackensack University Medical Center. This promo is available at both Hoboken locations (110 Washington St., and 720 Monroe St.) and the restaurant will also match donations up to $500. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
4. Get baked: Go shorty, it's your Birthday Macaron Day! Stop by Baking Mama (88 Hudson St.,) on Saturday 9/21 when the shop will be donating all proceeds of their popular "birthday macaron" flavor to Tackle Kids Cancer. (This white macaron with rainbow sprinkles is Satya's very favorite.) Customers will also have the chance to play Baking Mama's spinning wheel game for exciting prizes! Supporters outside of Hoboken will be thrilled to know that Baking Mama can ship these delicious treats. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
5. Give a buck! Everyone's favorite local parenting blog, Little Hoboken, is donating 25% of the September sales of their #LikeAMother shirts to benefit the Tomorrows Children’s Fund. We are especially grateful to Cassie and Melissa for their support in getting the word out about all the local businesses with huge hearts each year. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
6. Look good, feel better. Athleta in Hoboken (316 Washington St.) is doing a discount with donation. Stop by the store on Sunday 9/8 between 12-2 p.m., make a donation and receive 20% off your entire purchase. (Certain exclusions apply.) Money raised will benefit the Tomorrows Children's Fund. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
7. Coffee Talk: Grab a bite and a drink because Black Rail Coffee (800 Jackson St.) is donating 10% of the sales of both the “El Jefe” turkey wrap and their delicious iced chai with oat milk and lavender to the Tomorrows Children's Fund. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
8: Say cheese: Help bring a little peace of mind to families battling pediatric cancer by purchasing Satya's favorite slice- Mac n' Cheese, of course - at Tony Boloney's (263 1st. St.). The famed pizzeria will donate 50% of sales for each slice sold, all month long, to Tackle Kids Cancer. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
9: Art with a heart: Ricardo Roig, famed Hoboken artist and Hoboken Girl's 2018 Hoboken Man of the Year, will be donating 10% of all mini print sales for the month of September to benefit the Tomorrows Children's Fund. Mini prints can be purchased at Roig's locations at the W Hotel and on 1st in Hoboken; also online here. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
10: Work it out: Hudson River Fitness (1320 Adams St.,) will donate $5 for any new member who join the gym in September. All money raised benefits the Tomorrows Children’s Fund. (100% of the money raised will be used for patient care.)
11: Girl, please. (And thank you!): Satya, Hoboken Girl’s 2018 Hoboken Girl of the Year and local Kindergartner, couldn’t be more excited that her pals at Hoboken Girl are donating a portion of ticket sales from an upcoming fall event to the Tomorrows Children’s Fund and helping spread the word about all the generous Mile Square businesses who are helping with this city-wide fundraising effort for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Thanks, HG!