(1) I have my driver’s license, boating license, law license, and real estate license. I guess I really enjoy taking exams.
(2) My husband and I chose our two sons’ middle names, Hudson and Bryant, after our love of New York City. We were both born there, we met there in our 20's, and we lived there together for several years before discovering Hoboken.
(3) My favorite food is artichokes. I love them stuffed, grilled, fried, marinated, whatever! My family and I went on a trip to Italy during artichoke season and I was in heaven.
(4) One of my most proud accomplishments was running the New Jersey marathon. I trained with Team in Training and fundraised to cure cancer. I could not walk for a week after the race, but it was such a worthwhile experience.
(5) My favorite job growing up was as a counselor at a sleepaway camp. Those summers were some of the most fun I ever had, and some of my closest friends to this day are my camp friends.
(6) I am a lover of traditions. Whether it is my Italian-Catholic family traditions, my husband’s Jewish family traditions, or the traditions my husband and I have started with our own family, I find it really important to keep our traditions going.
(7) I’ve donated my hair to several charity organizations. The first time was with my Tri Delta sorority sisters at Villanova University. It was such a positive and meaningful experience that I try to do it now whenever I can.
(8) My favorite genre of music is 80's. I could listen to “Cruel Summer” by Bananarama over and over.
(9) In my early 20's, one of my best friends and I tried out for ‘The Bachelor.” I didn’t make the cut, but shortly thereafter I started dating my husband, so it all worked out.
(10) I have been on TV though! Growing up, my father was a member of the United States House of Representatives. He once took me with him while he gave a speech on the House floor in the Capitol building. I fell asleep during his speech and CNN broadcasted me sleeping in the audience.
(11) I am obsessed with Home Goods and all things housewares. I definitely spend more money on things for our home than clothing these days.
(12) My favorite cocktail is an Extra Dirty Martini . . . honestly!
(13) The highest grade I earned in law school was in Property Law. Looking back now, it perfectly foreshadowed my future love of real estate and desire to become a real estate agent.
(14) I was randomly placed with my roommate freshman year of college because our last names both began with “M,” and we ended up living together all 4 years. She was later the Matron of Honor at my wedding.
(15) I have a new found love for Halloween since having children. I was never into the holiday much before, but after my first son was born, I loved the idea of doing a family costume. We have done them every Halloween since.
(16) I am a much better baker than chef. According to my husband and older son, the best thing I make are muffins. I like to experiment with whatever ingredients I have in our kitchen and swap ingredients to make healthier versions.
(17) I still have a teddy bear named Polar that was given to me when I was a baby. He has traveled all over the world with me, including to Spain when I studied abroad in college. When my older son was born, I passed Polar on to him and he is now just as in love with him.
(18) I’m obsessed with Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee. Giving up coffee was definitely the biggest challenge for me during both of my pregnancies.
(19) I consider myself an excellent bargain hunter. I get so much more pleasure when I buy something on a good sale or find something that is unique and one of a kind.
(20) When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Ronald Reagan. One year I begged my mom to send him an invitation to my birthday party. He never responded…
(21) I have a new appreciation for sneakers since having my two little boys.
(22) I met Villanova Basketball head coach, Jay Wright and musician Gavin DeGraw on the same night in New York City. I was starstruck.
(23) One of my hidden talents is hula-hooping. I can do it for hours. When I was in my twenties, I won a hula-hooping contest at Tortilla Flats in NYC and won a free happy hour for all my co-workers.
(24) I enjoy meeting new people. I believe being friendly and welcoming goes such a long way and sets a good example for my children to be inclusive of others. Being a part of Little Hoboken has given me the opportunity to meet and connect with more new people, and that’s one of the many reasons why I love it.
(25) I found it extremely challenging to come up with 25 things about myself for this article!