1. I love baking and when deciding between healthy supportive culinary school and pastry school, I only chose culinary school so I wouldn’t eat so many sweets 😊.
2. I was on the show Impractical Jokers at an ArteVino class. Almost every time it airs, somebody I know sends me a text about it.
3. I love having a paper planner, and don’t think I’ll ever give in to having my schedule on my phone.
4. I worked on a farm in Upstate NY for 6 months, and LOVED farm life. I was at my healthiest, and the nice tan didn’t hurt.
5. I have an addictive personality and when I love something you will know it. I’m basically a marketer’s dream.
6. I love Broadway and know all the words to Les Miserables.
7. My parents got married in the backyard of my grandparents’ home and I got married in the backyard of my parents’ house to continue the tradition.
8. I played volleyball in high school and senior year went to the NY state finals (but sadly didn’t win).
9. I have a deep affinity for the horn section of any band, and played the saxophone as a kid.
10. My family has been going to the Outer Banks as our summer vacation since I was 8, and although we all keep a relatively healthy diet otherwise, we drink a milkshake every day we’re there. They’re the best milkshakes ever (from John’s Drive in, if you’re ever down there). My husband thinks we’re nuts.
11. I love puzzles, but only do them on vacation.
12. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day (to eat and cook) and my dream is to open a bed and breakfast.
13. My husband and I met in high school, went to each other’s proms and our first dance song at our wedding was the first song we ever danced to - “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton.
14. My sister and I are super close, and a lot of times get confused as twins.
15. I took French in high school and college, studied abroad there, and have French relatives…and still my French language skills are lacking.
16. I have a lot of patience…as long as I’m not in a car sitting in traffic.
17. My family has a tradition of making song parodies for special occasions.
18. I LOVE Harry Potter and have re-read the books multiple times.
19. “Fat Bottomed Girls” by Queen is my go-to karaoke song.
20. Most of the time I’m wearing mismatched socks.
21. I’m a proud Blue Hen from University of Delaware, but have only been back twice since graduating.
22. I have a running birthday tradition where friends and family go out to lunch at Harold’s Deli in Edison for ginormous sandwiches, potato pancakes, matzo ball soup, and egg creams.
23. I named my personal cheffing company Sara’s Wholesome Kitchen, so it would be my maiden name initials (SWK). Just couldn’t quite let it go.
24. I’m a political junkie, as is the rest of my family.
25. I’m a giant goofball once you get to know me, and so far, it looks like my son Corey is one in the same.