Get to know our Single Mom, Anna Davies, a little bit better!
1. I used to work at Cosmo magazine and had a pair of leather shorts I would wear over tights on big meeting days.
2. It's just my daughter and I. She was a surprise from a trip backpacking around the world. I got pregnant about seven months into my itinerary.
3. I have written 13 young adult novels, including 5 Gossip Girl books and 5 Vampire Diaries books.
4. My daughter and I have spent the past two Januarys in Costa Rica. I would love her to learn to surf, soon!
5. I took the subway to the hospital while in labor by myself and stopped to get a bagel and a coffee beforehand.
6. I came back to the United States when I was 14 weeks pregnant. I had no apartment, no job, and all my stuff in storage. It was stressfuL AF, but I got everything sorted in about 10 days.
7. I love traveling with my daughter, Lucy. I think traveling with a kid is pretty easy, and happy to share the hacks and tricks I've learned along the way.
8. I was a volunteer camp counselor at an oncology camp in the Pacific Northwest for five years — I took a week off work to do so each summer and it was awesome.
9. I am hoping to send my daughter to Camp Nor'Wester in the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington State when she's 9. I worked there for a summer in college and loved it.
10. I went to Barnard College and majored in English and creative writing. Greta Gerwig was a classmate. We are not friends.
11. I love Panera.
12. One of my favorite places is the Aran Islands off the coast of Ireland. I've been four or five times.
13. I Tindered my way across Eastern Europe when I was 30 and had the best fling from there in Croatia.
14. I snuck across the Bosnian border because I had forgotten my passport by hiding underneath the bench of a van. I don't recommend that.
15. I grew up in NJ and have grown to love my home state.
16. I drink hot coffee with a straw. I know that's not good because of BPA issues.
17. I make really good chocolate chip cookies.
18. I have like 20 different Michael Stars black t-shirts.
19. I am a serial procrastinator.
20. I have a love-hate relationship with the work from home life.
21. I hate playgrounds on Sundays at 4pm ("Sad Park O'Clock").
22. I read a book a day — I'm a super fast reader.
23. I love building houses out of Magnatiles with Lucy.
24. I am obsessed with my mom friends.
25. Lucy and I are Laurie Berkner groupies — we go to like, all her concerts and buy front row tickets.